MS in Exercise & Sport Science
Master of Science in Exercise and Sport Science
Eastern Kentucky University offers:
- Master of Science in Exercise and Sport Science degree with two concentrations
Exercise and Wellness
- 3+2 BS in ESS to MS in Exercise & Sport Science
The MS in ESS can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. Each concentration requires 30 credit hours for completion. Full-time graduate students in the Sports Administration and Exercise and Wellness options typically take three or four courses in each of the Fall and Spring semesters and complete their program with an internship, an online seminar class and the capstone in the summer. The Exercise and Wellness includes the option of a thesis rather than an internship. The program may be pursued on a part-time basis by teachers or professionals already working in the field. The Graduate Coordinator will work with students to develop their program of study. Any student who has completed a bachelor’s degree from EKU or a regionally accredited four-year institution and completed the admission requirements (add link) is eligible for consideration into the EKU MS ESS program.
The Department of Exercise and Sport Science’s 3+2 program allows you to integrate your current coursework for a B.S. in Exercise and Sport Science degree with the M.S. in Exercise and Sport Science degree so you can complete both degrees in only five years. This is a low-risk, high-gain opportunity.
- Save time (one academic year) and money (tuition, textbooks, etc.).
- Build on what you’ve already achieved and segue from one program to the next, as your graduate coursework applies to your undergraduate degree.
- Continue learning in a local, convenient, familiar environment.
3+2 MS ESS Application Instructions
- Current EKU undergraduate students pursuing a B.S. in ESS can apply to the 3+2 program if they have junior or senior standing and a GPA of 3.0.
- Eligible students are required to complete the form for consideration into 3+2 program by signing into their EKU student account and going to this link: https://success.eku.edu/register/3+2enrollment. Click or tap if you trust this link.">https://success.eku.edu/register/3+2enrollment
- On approval, the Graduate School will forward the signed form to the Registrar’s office.
- Registration staff will process the major change for you, and your degree audit will change. You will also be assigned a new advisor.
- Only after acceptance can you register for graduate-level courses.
Graduate Coordinator - Dr. Heather Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org).